Children’s Hospital & Research Center Oakland
Children’s Hospital & Research Center in Oakland contracted with our partner in San Diego to upgrade approximately 300 medical workstations and migrate all workstations to a new network domain. Needing local, expert and experienced assistance, Bay Computing’s engineers worked directly with the team in San Diego to lead the local implementation.
For both locations, our engineer’s worked closely with Children’s Hospital’s information services team on installing high-end, tri-display workstations utilizing deployment scripts. Specific services included:
- Prepared and imaged all new workstations
- Used deployment scripts for each workstations and configured network settings on all workstations
- Created and provided detailed tracking and inventory documentation
- Installed asset tags on each workstation and entered information into the hospital’s tracking system
- Configured the Novell client and enterprise applications such as Meditech and iRadiology imaging software on each workstation
- Configured the Intel vPro® Management component on each workstation
- Locked down each workstation with software and hardware tools
- Added each new workstation and current workstations to the hospital’s new domain.
Hardware and Software Used
- HP Minitower PC’s.
- NEC LED/LCD Monitor Displays
- Meditech Health Information Management Software
- Windows Professional
- Novell Client™ for Windows
- iEnterprise Radiology Imaging Software
- Freed IT staff to work on more pressing responsibilities.
- Completed project under budget
- Completed project before the deadline
- Utilized high level support from Bay Computing’s Channel Partners
- Provided added expertise and consulting to project planning and deployment tasks
Children’s Hospital & Research Center Foundation
Children’s Hospital & Research Center Foundation, a not-for-profit public benefit corporation, has worked hard to support the efforts and mission of Children’s Hospital by acquiring charitable gifts and other resources exclusively for Children’s Hospital programs, services and operations.
The foundation raises millions of dollars annually from individuals, businesses, sponsors, organizations, and public and private foundations. The donors who support us form an invaluable partnership that furthers the well-being and safety of our community’s children.